Thursday, January 27, 2011

Recycled With Style - A move away from Hobbit houses

An architect I believe will change the future of dwellings, recycling and self sufficientcy is Mike Reynolds.



As much as I admire Mike Reynolds and the earthship movement. I feel his houses have a real hobbit house look to them. And if there is one thing I hate about recycling its recyclers who like the hobbit house look. Though there are a few exceptions to this. The house he made for Denis weaver and the Brittany Ground House are certainly to my liking.







Recently the concept of building using garbage eg, bottles and tires has taken off in many other countries making housing affordable to many. This house movement in Bolivia has real credibility and in my opinion it is very stylish and designed with a contemporary appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment